Saturday, February 21, 2009

Subdude

Subdued.
Dude.
Subdude.

I recently worked with a comedian well-known for being very loud and raucous in performance, only to find that off stage he was quite the opposite, very quiet and reserved.

It just goes to show you, you can't judge a book by what it screams at you from the stage.

Literary.
Rageful.
Literageful.

Turns out, also, that most mimes are are loud, obnoxious jerks when they're not wearing makeup and trapped in boxes.*

Marcel Marceau.
So Hypocritical.
Marcel Marso Hypocritical.


* Which would be the opposite for me.
I would be loudest when I WAS trapped in a box.
(And if someone were putting makeup on me against my will.) **

But you know what they say, different strokes for mimes and regular people.
Regular people put their pants on one leg at a time, but mimes only pretend to put their pants on.

Hence, the term "pantomime" and the reason to keep mimes away from your children.

Pantomime.
Imagination.
Pantomimagination.


** The will I refer to here is meant to be my determination in life, but an interpretation as my official last will and testament would suffice as well.
Not that I have plans for any restrictions on makeup in my last will and testament.
e.g. "Do not try to make my body look unnaturally natural."
Though I do believe it would look weird to have my ashes gussied up like that.

Creme de la Creme.
Cremation.
Creme de la Cremation.

No comments:

Post a Comment