Thursday, February 19, 2009

Portugazed

Portuguese.
Gazed.
Portugazed.

Someone from Portugal looked in on this blog recently.*
Thanks!

I'd say it in Portuguese but the only words I know are "No" and "Tomato." **
Which is handy if you want to stop an onslaught of fruit at a comedy show.***
"No tomatoes!" is my opening line whenever performing in Portugal.
Then I hope that's endeared them enough to me to endure the rest of the show in English without resorting to nutritional violence.

Tomato.
Mayday.
Tomayday.



* There are a few other countries I remember seeing on the old web stat list recently...

South Africa.
Recall.
South Afrecall.

Also at least one resident of the Philippines stopped by, which is nice.

Fulfill.
Filipino.
Fulfillipino.

And someone from the Dominican Republic has expressed their free will in such a way as to manifest a visit to this blog as well.

Freedom.
Dominican.
Freedominican.


** I dated a girl from Brazil once who taught me some vocab.
We apparently weren't together long enough to get to anything of more substance.
Unless negation and vegetation are key elements of the Brazilian/Portuguese society.

Garden.
Denying.
Gardenying.


*** Just to be clear, tomatoes are an inappropriate response to a comedy show, no matter what you think of it.
Unless you offer them as a gift to a performer that you enjoyed.
But hand them to that comedian after the show, do not throw them during.

Marinara.
Aerial.
Marinaerial.

No comments:

Post a Comment