Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Larsenile

Larsen.
Senile.
Larsenile.

My high school guidance counselor's name was "Lars Larsen."

First name: Lars.
Last name: Larsen. (This word starts with "Lars." See why this is noteworthy?)

When coming up with the name, did his parents forget that their last name already started with "Lars"?
e.g. "I love how 'Lars' sounds. I don't know why. It just has a nice familiar feeling to it."

So, "Lars Larsen" it was.

Name.
A Mess.
Namess.

Also, I had a gym teacher whose name was "Jim Soc."
For reals. High school was a wild time for me.
(Oh, and he might have gone by "Coach Soc," but we knew his first name was "James.")

Was this planned? Was it preordained? Was gym teaching the family business?

Prepare.
Parents.
Preparents.

We may never know. Or care.

No comments:

Post a Comment