Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ignoramuscles

Ignoramus.
Muscles.
Ignoramuscles.

I do push-ups.

Doing push-ups makes me feel stupid.

Why? Here are some numbered responses:

1) They're uncomfortable to do and make me unhappy in the moment,* which seems dumb.

2) I could be spending my push-up time reading and gaining more knowledge, to become less dumb.

3) The world could end tomorrow and then these push-ups would all be a waste. Dumb.

4) If my muscles are growing, then that means that proportionally, the size of my brain is decreasing compared to the rest of my body.

See how dumb I'm getting?

At least I can punch things better now.

Punched.
Head.
Punchead.


* Because isn't the moment all we have, in a sense?

Carpe Diem.
I'm Dumb.
Carpe Di'm Dumb.

See?

4 comments:

  1. Appreciation!
    Again!
    Appreciagain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The world could end tomorrow and all that knowledge would be useless, too.

    Good.
    Point.
    Goint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe knowledge could help someone keep the world from ending, in a way that push-ups couldn't.

    Unless the world was ending from some sort of imbalance that required lots of qualified push-ups at once to get its axis back on track.

    I take it all back.

    Push-ups are smart and might save us all.

    Pecs.
    Ecstatic.
    Pecstatic.

    ReplyDelete