Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sitcomatose

Sitcom.
Comatose.
Sitcomatose.

As a teenager, I would come home from school, do my homework, and then sit calmly in front of the TV from around 6pm until midnight.

Waste.
Steady.
Wasteady.

In my pre-teen years, I had been limited to only a half-hour of television a night, so perhaps this was my rebellious phase.

Mr. Belvedere.
Rebel.
Mr. Rebelvedere.

If only I had come across an after-school special "The Boy Who Watched Too Much TV."
But I was busy doing my homework responsibly when that would have aired, I imagine.

Square.
Responsible.
Squaresponsible.

As I grow older and tell myself that I grow wiser, I find that I've matured enough that I certainly don't sit in front of the TV nearly that much at all.

Television.
Shunned.
Televishunned.

The computer screen is where it's at now, of course!.
(Thanks Hulu, Netflix Watch it Now, and nearly every TV channel's website.)

And with fewer commercials, it's a party!*

Hulu.
Luau.
Huluau.


* But not a Superbowl party. Because those are all ABOUT the commercials.

Madden.
Advertising.
Maddenvertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment